“I had no idea”: The story no one’s telling about early childhood educators in Australia.
My son started preschool this year.
The night before his first day, I cried.
I stayed awake until after midnight, labelling his clothes and preparing his lunch box and – for reasons I still don’t entirely understand, ironing his jean shorts.
I dropped him off in the morning, leaving him in the care of four adults who were essentially strangers to me, and I crossed my fingers and toes that these people would support, nurture and guide him through this enormous transition.
… but if I’m honest, I didn’t really think they would.
- “I had no idea”: The story no one’s telling about early childhood educators in Australia.
- All you need to know about childcare funding before the national elections
- Federal Government warned to promote child care, not tax cuts in Federal Budget
- Launch into Learning issues Early Learning Report Card ahead of the NSW election
- Media statement: Early learning is NOT about sitting behind desk