Federal Government warned to promote child care, not tax cuts in Federal Budget
Business leader and prominent Liberal Party supporter Tony Shepherd is warning the Federal Government not to go through with handing out tax cuts to households.
The Government has indicated it will announce billions of dollars’ worth of tax cuts to low and middle income households at next weeks’ budget.
“As the former chairman of the Audit Commission, I get the shivers on that,” Mr Shepherd told The Business.
Mr Shepherd attracted widespread criticism as the architect of the Government’s Commission of Audit, which was designed to help the Commonwealth “live within its means” and led to Tony Abbott’s controversially harsh 2014 budget.
- “I had no idea”: The story no one’s telling about early childhood educators in Australia.
- All you need to know about childcare funding before the national elections
- Federal Government warned to promote child care, not tax cuts in Federal Budget
- Launch into Learning issues Early Learning Report Card ahead of the NSW election
- Media statement: Early learning is NOT about sitting behind desk