Election 2019: Labor pledges to give childcare workers a payraise
Bill Shorten will pledge to bring down the soaring cost of daycare for parents on Sunday but will mandate that childcare workers are guaranteed a pay rise under the deal.
The New Daily understands Labor will confirm the policy over the weekend, in one of the biggest announcements of the 2019 campaign.
The spending increase will deliver direct Commonwealth funding for wage increases for some of Australia’s most low paid workers in childcare centres across Australia.
- Key challenges for the re-elected Coalition government: our experts respond
- Why early childhood education is everyone’s business
- The childcare subsidy calculator you must use before you vote on Saturday
- Federal election 2019: Labor’s childcare proposal ‘a really big deal for typical families’, says Grattan Institute
- Why Labor’s childcare policy is the biggest economic news of the election campaign